- The final puja for Gurudeva Mahasamadhi observances is underway. #
- Namasivaya! The final arati has begun along with all chanting the 108 names of beloved Gurudeva.
- Huge rain and the river is at the highest we have ever seen it. Giant trees are shooting over the falls.
- Immediately after the final puja, we are hard at work redirecting flood water around buildings, repairing infrastructure. #
- Lunch time at the monastery. Thunder, lightning, torrential downpours continue to intensify. Still erecting dams, redirecting flood waters. #
- Pilgrims have all gathered at the heart of the monastery to try to stay dry. It’s a big, happy, sopping wet festival lunch gathering! #
- Here is a video of the Wailua River in spate right now. It has carved out the pali and created an island. http://bit.ly/3pImcR #
- The landslide on Kuamoo Road was cleared and pilgrims were finally able to drive back down the hill. Many other roads are still washed out. #
Powered by Twitter Tools
Our archives are in the process of being migrated from the old site. Please check back later.