A report from the Ekadanta Kulam of one, Saravananathaswami: he details some of the sivathondu he did this past phase:
* processing incoming Master Course Self-Evaluation Study worksheets and discussing progress with students
* new paper mail processing
* Singapore seminar flyer and payment system
* adding new baby of sishya into private website
* assigned airport drivers for Bodhinatha’s next trip
* clarified Guru Travels web page to show that Satguru pada puja will be in a hall near Chidambaram temple.
* explaining to sishya how to prepare for receiving mantra diksha from Bodhinatha at Chidambaram in July.
* spell-checking, grammar-checking, Bodhinatha’s presentations for Malaysia weekend retreat.
* added a reinstated vratasishya and newborn boy to our private website
* writing to sishyas whose credit card was declined for their tithing and Iraivan donations, and encouraging them to switch to PayPal which is more stable and secure.
* coordinations about Guru Purnima dikshas in India and July Singapore visit.
* adding news and tweaks to new private Saiva Siddhanta Church website .
* communications with people about pilgrimage and entering that info in visitor calendar.
* scanning paper documents
Bodhinatha's Latest Upadeshas: "Not Getting Upset, Viewing Reaction from Higher Faculties" (September 14, 2014)
A measure of how serious we are in making spiritual progress is that we've learned the lesson from experience. Develop the ability to watch the mind think, understand the patterns of emotional action and reaction. Have the sense that you are a divine being to root out imperfections. Becoming upset is a temporary suspension of our higher faculties; transmute the energy into the third eye.
Master Course, Living with Siva, Lesson 149;
Master Course, Merging with Siva, Lesson 152;
Yogaswami, Words of our Master
"Eight Features of the Natha Sampradaya" (September 17, 2014)
We have to discover that part of us that is the Self. One of the important benefits of temple worship is it softens the ego. Recognize and love a Being greater than us, building humility. Go to Lord Murugan; His worship strengthens the kundalini. There's a power in learning through listening, shruti, that which is heard. Tradition, sadhana and tapas, informs, inspires, awakens potential.