A report from the Ekadanta Kulam of one, Saravananathaswami: he details some of the sivathondu he did this past phase:
* processing incoming Master Course Self-Evaluation Study worksheets and discussing progress with students
* new paper mail processing
* Singapore seminar flyer and payment system
* adding new baby of sishya into private website
* assigned airport drivers for Bodhinatha’s next trip
* clarified Guru Travels web page to show that Satguru pada puja will be in a hall near Chidambaram temple.
* explaining to sishya how to prepare for receiving mantra diksha from Bodhinatha at Chidambaram in July.
* spell-checking, grammar-checking, Bodhinatha’s presentations for Malaysia weekend retreat.
* added a reinstated vratasishya and newborn boy to our private website
* writing to sishyas whose credit card was declined for their tithing and Iraivan donations, and encouraging them to switch to PayPal which is more stable and secure.
* coordinations about Guru Purnima dikshas in India and July Singapore visit.
* adding news and tweaks to new private Saiva Siddhanta Church website .
* communications with people about pilgrimage and entering that info in visitor calendar.
* scanning paper documents
Unless kundalini is active, the deepest meditative states are not available to us. But to activate kundalini, Gurudeva tells us we must invoke the grace of Lord Ganesha and Lord Murugan. "Yoga is internalized worship which leads to union with God." Experience the inside of you in a profound way. This requires dispassion. The popular term "kriya yoga" usual refers to a form of pranayama, but the original kriya yoga is defined by Sage Patanajli as the practice of three of the niyamas: tapas, svadhyaya and Isvarapranidhana. To achieve samadhi we practice yoga, steady restraint of mental activities, austerity, meditation, detachment, self study and worship of God. Communion with the Ishta Devata, the chosen God is a key and also Gurudeva tells us: the Deity chooses you.
Master Course, Dancing with Siva, Lesson 39
Master Course, Merging with Siva, Lesson 5
Patanjali's Yoga Sutras