Bodhinatha is sending brief reports from Malaysia. These past few days he has been meeting daily with key people during the day and having darshan meetings each evening with families. Tonite he has the big seminar and book release at the Kandasamy temple in Kuala Lumpur.
At home Saravananathaswami gave his report at lunch and forwards this list of his activities:
* processing incoming Master Course Self-Evaluation Study worksheets and discussing progress with students
* new paper mail processing
* researching some samskara specifics to answer students’ questions
* troubleshooting old projector some more before sending to Malaysia
* teaching some sishyas how to use new website--posting large photos, adding PDF file attachments, etc.
* more teaching of sishyas how to switch to PayPal for submitting tithing and donations
* adding Bodhinatha’s latest posted talk to private SSCxxx website and Master Course students Facebook group
* testing video Skype and Facetime for Mac in preparation for a satsang call
* show some pilgrims around on the grounds.
* logging more payments for California and Malaysia retreat
* speaking with satsang group on phone
* sending out Guru Purnima rededications to sishyas
* going through the follow up list in dbase
* adding news and tweaks to new private Saiva Siddhanta Church website .
* communications with people about pilgrimage and entering that info in visitor calendar.
* scanning 100’s of paper documents to make them available in digital form and to keep in our archives.
Unless kundalini is active, the deepest meditative states are not available to us. But to activate kundalini, Gurudeva tells us we must invoke the grace of Lord Ganesha and Lord Murugan. "Yoga is internalized worship which leads to union with God." Experience the inside of you in a profound way. This requires dispassion. The popular term "kriya yoga" usual refers to a form of pranayama, but the original kriya yoga is defined by Sage Patanajli as the practice of three of the niyamas: tapas, svadhyaya and Isvarapranidhana. To achieve samadhi we practice yoga, steady restraint of mental activities, austerity, meditation, detachment, self study and worship of God. Communion with the Ishta Devata, the chosen God is a key and also Gurudeva tells us: the Deity chooses you.
Master Course, Dancing with Siva, Lesson 39
Master Course, Merging with Siva, Lesson 5
Patanjali's Yoga Sutras