Bodhinatha is sending brief reports from Malaysia. These past few days he has been meeting daily with key people during the day and having darshan meetings each evening with families. Tonite he has the big seminar and book release at the Kandasamy temple in Kuala Lumpur.
At home Saravananathaswami gave his report at lunch and forwards this list of his activities:
* processing incoming Master Course Self-Evaluation Study worksheets and discussing progress with students
* new paper mail processing
* researching some samskara specifics to answer students’ questions
* troubleshooting old projector some more before sending to Malaysia
* teaching some sishyas how to use new website--posting large photos, adding PDF file attachments, etc.
* more teaching of sishyas how to switch to PayPal for submitting tithing and donations
* adding Bodhinatha’s latest posted talk to private SSCxxx website and Master Course students Facebook group
* testing video Skype and Facetime for Mac in preparation for a satsang call
* show some pilgrims around on the grounds.
* logging more payments for California and Malaysia retreat
* speaking with satsang group on phone
* sending out Guru Purnima rededications to sishyas
* going through the follow up list in dbase
* adding news and tweaks to new private Saiva Siddhanta Church website .
* communications with people about pilgrimage and entering that info in visitor calendar.
* scanning 100’s of paper documents to make them available in digital form and to keep in our archives.
Bodhinatha continues with his weekly series of commentaries on The Path to Siva. In this past Sun One talk, he elucidates the four key beliefs in Hinduism, the three pillars of Sanatana Dharma and Gurudeva's three stages of faith. Primary to Hinduism is the key belief that God is within each of us. To have a well-rounded understanding and experience of Hinduism, to make spiritual progress, adhyatma vikasha, we need scripture, humility, temple worship, devotion. To fully experience God we need the guru to give the spark for meditation and deeper wisdom.