Bodhinatha is sending brief reports from Malaysia. These past few days he has been meeting daily with key people during the day and having darshan meetings each evening with families. Tonite he has the big seminar and book release at the Kandasamy temple in Kuala Lumpur.
At home Saravananathaswami gave his report at lunch and forwards this list of his activities:
* processing incoming Master Course Self-Evaluation Study worksheets and discussing progress with students
* new paper mail processing
* researching some samskara specifics to answer students’ questions
* troubleshooting old projector some more before sending to Malaysia
* teaching some sishyas how to use new website--posting large photos, adding PDF file attachments, etc.
* more teaching of sishyas how to switch to PayPal for submitting tithing and donations
* adding Bodhinatha’s latest posted talk to private SSCxxx website and Master Course students Facebook group
* testing video Skype and Facetime for Mac in preparation for a satsang call
* show some pilgrims around on the grounds.
* logging more payments for California and Malaysia retreat
* speaking with satsang group on phone
* sending out Guru Purnima rededications to sishyas
* going through the follow up list in dbase
* adding news and tweaks to new private Saiva Siddhanta Church website .
* communications with people about pilgrimage and entering that info in visitor calendar.
* scanning 100′s of paper documents to make them available in digital form and to keep in our archives.
Bodhinatha's Latest Upadeshas: "The Difference in Practice of Theism and Monism" (September 3, 2014)
During a puja we're in Theism, to receive the blessings of the Deity. After a puja we can go within our self in meditation, giving up the idea of an external Deity, Monism. Monistic Theism: Advaita Ishvaravada. Advaita means the Monism; Ishvara means the Theism.
In Shum we use two words that relate to that: shumif and dimfi. First, perfect your Theism. Then become a monist. That's called Saiva Siddhanta; one leads to the other.