At home today we began another phase with Siddhanathaswami performing homa and Paramacharya Sadasivanathaswami presiding in Bodhinatha’s absence.
At lunch the Ekadanta Kulam gave its report. Saravananathaswami sends us his usual interesting list which also give a sneak peak of things to come
* processing incoming Master Course Self-Evaluation Study worksheets and discussing progress with students
* new paper mail processing
* integrating Satguru Purnima rededication forms into our SSC website, creating news article on the site about the forms.
* preparing and sending bi-weekly e-newsletter from SSC website
* coordinating weekend retreat and mission satsang details for June California visit.
* started FAQ section on private SSC website to describe the various sishya groups
* recording incoming Satguru Purnima rededications, which includes checking if they request to prepare for diksha, and then communicating about it.
* hosting young man from Malaysia doing exchange student studies in Honolulu. He is interested to become formal sishya.
* creating Google Doc itinerary for June California trip.
* editing/proofreading workbook for June California weekend retreat. Researched printing options.
* coordinating with priest Kumar Gurukkal to come perform Gurudeva mahasamadhi puja in October
* fixing theme colors on SSC website after software upgrade
* adding to agenda for next Mauritius COM meeting
* adding news and tweaks to new Saiva Siddhanta Church website .
* communications with people about pilgrimage and entering that info in visitor calendar.
* scanning old paper documents
Sitting by the fire are Bodhinatha’s padukas.
Sadasivanathaswami gave a short talk and he also shared news about the Siva Darshana artwork. Several pieces have finally arrived from Kerala after years coordination with the artist there.
Bodhinatha's Latest Upadeshas: "Not Getting Upset, Viewing Reaction from Higher Faculties" (September 14, 2014)
A measure of how serious we are in making spiritual progress is that we've learned the lesson from experience. Develop the ability to watch the mind think, understand the patterns of emotional action and reaction. Have the sense that you are a divine being to root out imperfections. Becoming upset is a temporary suspension of our higher faculties; transmute the energy into the third eye.
Master Course, Living with Siva, Lesson 149;
Master Course, Merging with Siva, Lesson 152;
Yogaswami, Words of our Master
"Eight Features of the Natha Sampradaya" (September 17, 2014)
We have to discover that part of us that is the Self. One of the important benefits of temple worship is it softens the ego. Recognize and love a Being greater than us, building humility. Go to Lord Murugan; His worship strengthens the kundalini. There's a power in learning through listening, shruti, that which is heard. Tradition, sadhana and tapas, informs, inspires, awakens potential.