* Basanti, Dipanjali and Jayendra Mardemootoo are here from Mauritius to visit their grandparents Deva and Amala Seyon, so we took the opportunity to give them a training session on using our new private SSC website
* processing incoming Master Course Self-Evaluation Study worksheets and discussing progress with students
* new paper mail processing
* recording incoming Satguru Purnima rededications, which includes checking if they request to prepare for diksha, and then communicating about it.
* coordinating and being present at some darshan meetings with Bodhinatha. Showing more of the grounds to a family afterwards
* coordinating details of November Mauritius visit schedule.
* Formatting Bodhinatha’s souvenir message for Adelaide, Australia temple kumbhabhishekam
* writing to sishyas whose credit cards were declined in July, and encouraging them to switch to PayPal for submitting tithing.
* some details notes for Mauritius COM meeting about new guidelines for SSC mission satsangs and student study pattern.
* replenishing self-guided tour sheet supply in minimela
* sorting out growing pains with setting up email notification for changes to collaboration pages on SSC website
* adding news and tweaks to new Saiva Siddhanta Church website .
* communications with people about pilgrimage and entering that info in visitor calendar.
* scanning old paper documents
Bodhinatha's Latest Upadeshas: "Not Getting Upset, Viewing Reaction from Higher Faculties" (September 14, 2014)
A measure of how serious we are in making spiritual progress is that we've learned the lesson from experience. Develop the ability to watch the mind think, understand the patterns of emotional action and reaction. Have the sense that you are a divine being to root out imperfections. Becoming upset is a temporary suspension of our higher faculties; transmute the energy into the third eye.
Master Course, Living with Siva, Lesson 149;
Master Course, Merging with Siva, Lesson 152;
Yogaswami, Words of our Master
"Eight Features of the Natha Sampradaya" (September 17, 2014)
We have to discover that part of us that is the Self. One of the important benefits of temple worship is it softens the ego. Recognize and love a Being greater than us, building humility. Go to Lord Murugan; His worship strengthens the kundalini. There's a power in learning through listening, shruti, that which is heard. Tradition, sadhana and tapas, informs, inspires, awakens potential.