* Basanti, Dipanjali and Jayendra Mardemootoo are here from Mauritius to visit their grandparents Deva and Amala Seyon, so we took the opportunity to give them a training session on using our new private SSC website
* processing incoming Master Course Self-Evaluation Study worksheets and discussing progress with students
* new paper mail processing
* recording incoming Satguru Purnima rededications, which includes checking if they request to prepare for diksha, and then communicating about it.
* coordinating and being present at some darshan meetings with Bodhinatha. Showing more of the grounds to a family afterwards
* coordinating details of November Mauritius visit schedule.
* Formatting Bodhinatha’s souvenir message for Adelaide, Australia temple kumbhabhishekam
* writing to sishyas whose credit cards were declined in July, and encouraging them to switch to PayPal for submitting tithing.
* some details notes for Mauritius COM meeting about new guidelines for SSC mission satsangs and student study pattern.
* replenishing self-guided tour sheet supply in minimela
* sorting out growing pains with setting up email notification for changes to collaboration pages on SSC website
* adding news and tweaks to new Saiva Siddhanta Church website .
* communications with people about pilgrimage and entering that info in visitor calendar.
* scanning old paper documents
Unless kundalini is active, the deepest meditative states are not available to us. But to activate kundalini, Gurudeva tells us we must invoke the grace of Lord Ganesha and Lord Murugan. "Yoga is internalized worship which leads to union with God." Experience the inside of you in a profound way. This requires dispassion. The popular term "kriya yoga" usual refers to a form of pranayama, but the original kriya yoga is defined by Sage Patanajli as the practice of three of the niyamas: tapas, svadhyaya and Isvarapranidhana. To achieve samadhi we practice yoga, steady restraint of mental activities, austerity, meditation, detachment, self study and worship of God. Communion with the Ishta Devata, the chosen God is a key and also Gurudeva tells us: the Deity chooses you.
Master Course, Dancing with Siva, Lesson 39
Master Course, Merging with Siva, Lesson 5
Patanjali's Yoga Sutras