On April 17, 2013, one Hindu (our own Satguru Bodhinatha Veylanswami), one Jew, three Christians and one Muslim sat together to answer questions submitted by the panelists themselves before an audience of mixed faiths at St. Nicholas’ Episcopal Church in Midland, Texas. This was the third such interfaith panel held in the Permian Basin. The questions were:
1. “How do you think your faith tradition supports a pluralistic society?”
2. “Do you believe in the resurrection of the dead? If so, what preparations should we make?”
3. “If a young person were to come to you, struggling with issues of sexual orientation, what would you say to this person and why?”
4. “Is it important or necessary for God to authorize mankind to act on His behalf? If so, how does He authorize mankind?”
5. “What basic step can our faith communities take to serve our neighbors, near and far, in a world filled with conflict?”
The event was tremendously successful. Watch it below.