Today is the last day of this phase. The Ganapati Kulam reported on their activities. They are busy with developing various publications and media. Here is a short list of projects in progress:
* Palaniswami, Kumarswami and Senthilnathaswami continue work on the Paramapara book. Paramacharya Palaniswami has also been putting time in regularly to bring you all some of the lovely stories as a new TAKA feature.
* Acharya Arumugaswami has been solely focused on getting the next Hindu History Lesson No. 3 ready for publication in the October issue of Hinduism Today.
* Sivakatirswami is working on the Global Dharma pages of the next issue of Hinduism Today (Pages 6-7-8) and pushing forward some of our applications that provide access to Gurudeva’s and Bodhinatha’s talks. He also handles the daily incoming stream of posts, photos and input for this daily TAKA.
* Senthilnathaswami has been focused on video work: recording Bodhinatha’s piece for the quarterly video.
* Sadhaka Satyanatha is working hard on several feature stories for the next issue of Hinduism Today. One is on Chidambaram and the other is on the Hindu of the Year. Stay tuned for another great issue.
~~~~~~~~~~~ END OF PHASE
Today is the last day of our phase.
This edition of TAKA will remain posted
over our coming two-day retreat,
until Dasami Tithi, Sun One, Thursday, July 16th.
Good conduct is right thought, right speech and right action." Apply T-H-I-N-K: true, helpful, inspirational, necessary, kind in our thoughts, words and deeds. "Conduct ourself properly within ourself." Encourage rather than discourage. Praise rather than criticize. Speak an abundance of sincere inspirational words.
"Namaste" and "vanakkam," core practices of greeting. Recognizing that God is within everyone, the same God within me is within you. A Hindu concept not necessarily believed by other religions. Bowing to God is one of the ways we strengthen our humility and lessen our sense of ego and pride.
For peace in the world stop the war in the home." The key to world peace is inside the individual. The most important thing I can do today is be peaceful. Harmony, peace and tolerance radiate out to the community from the home and from the Hindu temple. "Everything is all right, right now." Affirmation is a useful tool to move out of a disturbed state of mind. Practice being in the eternal now.