Recently a new canvas scroll, measuring 36" by 96," was installed on the redwood wall in the Guru Peedam. The canvas displays Gurudeva's chakras in the Shum language and simple illustrations for each chakra with its corresponding color, number of petals, bija sound and geometric shape.
From bottom to top they are:
1) The first of the primary chakras, named muladhara in Sanskrit; 2) attribute— memory, time, space; 3) located at the base of the spine; 4) color—red; planet— Mercury; element—earth; sense—smell; petals—four; pañchakshara mantra letter—na; 5) the pranayama associated with this chakra is to breathe in two short breaths through the nose and out two short breaths through the mouth; this can be done in preparation for the meditation or also while walking fast and swinging the arms.
1) The second chakra, named svadhishthana in Sanskrit; 2) attribute—reason; 3) located at the navel; 4) color—reddish orange; planet—Venus; element— water; sense—taste; petals—six; pañchakshara mantra letter—ma.
1) The third chakra, named manipura in Sanskrit; 2) attribute—willpower; 3) located at the solar plexus; 4) color—yellow amber; planet—Mars; element—fire; sense—sight; petals—ten; pañchakshara mantra letter—Si.
1) The fourth chakra, named anahata in Sanskrit; 2) attribute—direct cognition; 3) located at the heart; 4) this chakra is the resting place; 5) color—smokey green; planet—Jupiter; element—air; sense—touch; petals—twelve; pañchakshara mantra letter—va.
1) The fifth chakra, named vishuddha in Sanskrit; 2) attribute—divine love; 3) located at the throat; 4) it is here where magical powers exist, and it is here that the past is dissolved and the vision of a positive, productive future is revealed; 5) color—smokey purple blue; planet—Saturn; element—ether; sense—hearing; petals—sixteen; pañchakshara mantra letter—ya.
1) The sixth chakra, named ajña in Sanskrit; 2) attribute—divine sight; 3) located at the third eye (between the two physical eyes); 4) relates to language and speech; 5) it is the area of the mind where, through the third eye, mystics can scan the universe; 6) it is the area where past, present and future are seen as one; 7) it is the third eye that sees all, for it is within all at every point in time; 8) only when the awareness moves into this chakra do the two petals open from deep within the chakra above, and divine sight comes; 9) color—lavender; planet—Uranus; element—mahatattva; sense— intuition; petals—two; the aum of the pañchakshara mantra.
1) The seventh chakra, named sahasrara in Sanskrit; 2) attribute—illumination; 3) located at the crown of the head; 4) in the area of the mind of the sahasrara chakra in full bloom, a radiant display of lights of various pastel colors is seen; 5) it is mystically seen extending above the head as a thousand-petaled lotus made of quantums of light particles; 6) this center of divine, actinic force holds the intelligence of the inner and outer bodies; 7) its center holds the secrets of divine sight; 8) the door to the universe; 9) color—gold; planet—Neptune; element/ sense—void; petals—one thousand and eight.
2 Responses to “A New Shum Banner”
Archives are now available through 2001. Light colored days have no posts. 1998-2001 coming later.