Aum Namah Sivaya,
We've just released version 2.0 of our Spiritual Workout app. The app has been rebuilt from the ground up for increased performance, bug fixes and an updated user interface. We've also added a few features such as more meditations and a Hatha Yoga section.
The app is available on your app store or available as an update if you already have it.
The app has been updated, but the Google Play store can take up to a week to propagate it to their users, so it might be a few days before you see it. You'll know by the bright-gold Nataraja icon
Here's a complete feature list:
Note: Nearly every page in the app has a little "i" icon at the bottom which contains a lot of explanatory information in it about whatever item you are looking at. For instance the "Aum chanting" has a full description of how to properly chant Aum.
10 minute sadhana
- Choose what book and lesson you'd like to start on
- App will remember what your reading and advance the lesson next time you use it
- takes you through 2 minutes of Ganesha Mantra, 2 minutes of Aum chanting, 1 minute of affirmation and 5 minutes of study.
- perform Japa using provided mantras to Ganesha, Murugan, Hanuman or Siva
- Audio included for all Mantras
- learning sections for mantras either include the mantra in smaller, easy to learn chunks with audio and transliterations and translations
- shanti mantra
- bhojana mantra
- guru mantra
- mantra pushpam
- all Ganesha puja mantras
- leads user through all the steps of our atmartha Ganesha puja
- includes chants, instructions and audio
- timed Aum chanting
- timed pranayama
- timed meditations
- Includes three guided meditations, inner light, inner sound and inner self.
- includes a full list of our published affirmations with adjoining audio and affirmation timer
- includes a large amount of online books hosted byHimalayanacademy.com
- includes 4 offline books, currently the trilogy and Path to Siva in a text only lesson form that is always accessible.
- includes standard stuff like terms of service, about us, rate the app, etc.
- Also include a section of resources for our students which includes the Guru Vandanam chant in learning format and transliteration-only versions of ashtottaras for Bodhinatha, Gurudeva and Yogaswami.
- there is now a timed hatha yoga section
- set your time and it will lead you through all poses with artwork, descriptions and associated color.
- There is also a simple timer to use for your own custom practice.
Satguru Bodhinatha Veylanswami discusses the Hindu view of Monistic Theism, which says God is transcendent and immanent, eternal and temporal, Being and becoming, Creator and created, Absolute and relative, efficient and material cause.
Recently our monks and members celebrated our monthly chitra padapuja to Gurudeva with an abhishekam in Kadavul Temple. This month's puja also landed on Ganesha Chaturthi. Quite an auspicious and powerful time. Aum Namah Sivaya.
On the first day of Ganesha Chaturthi, Dinanatha and his team in Moscow received their new copies of the Russian language version of Path to Siva from their printer. He and his team had been working tirelessly to have the book ready by the time of Satguru's recent visit but it had hit some minor delays. Looks like Ganesha wanted it to arrive on His special day instead! Aum.
Recently the monastery celebrated Ganesha Chaturthi with an Abhishekam to Lord Ganapati in Kadavul Temple. Milk, yogurt, honey and more were poured over this bountiful God, imbuing His physical murti with prana and releasing Lord Ganesha's blessings to all those present. Aum
Aum Gam Ganapataye Namah
If you worship the elephant-faced Vinayaka, your life will expand bountifully. If you worship the white-tusked Vinayaka, your desires and doubts will flee. Therefore, worship Him with love-offerings of jack, hoppers, plantain and mango fruits and thus mitigate the burden of deeds. Saint Auvaiyar. AG, 127
After spending some weeks on a Kauai pilgrimage, the Pillay family enjoyed an afternoon tour of Siva's Gardens, guided by Sadasivanathaswami. They had never put their feet into the waters of the Wailua River, so that was a treat. Follow them as they discover new areas previously unknown.
Satguru Bodhinatha Veylanswami reads from Lesson 52 of the Himalayan Academy publication “Path To Siva,” discussing how the Hindu home traditionally receives guests.
Our August 2019 News Video covers events in July 2019, including the birth of our newest = Jersey Calf, Mina; the progress on Iraivan Temple's Kodimaram; and the Aadheenam's recent celebration of Guru Purnima.
Aum Namah Sivaya
Here's a preview of what Iraivan Temple's perimeter wall will look like once complete. For now only this northeast corner is nearly finished, but the rest of the wall is moving along quickly. These red granite pots will sit atop each of these tower sections and below the wall will be a border of cascading lava rock.
Archives are now available through 2001. Light colored days have no posts. 1998-2001 coming later.