What Happened Today at the Monastery?
Bodhinatha meets with the family of Ramesh (in red shirt) and Arundati Gowda and their friends Sudheendra (on right with Ramesh) Kavita (on left in blue shirt with Arundati)
The family meets with Shanmuganathswami of the Pillaiyar Kulam to discuss the Hindu Heritage Endowment.
Ramesh and his wife Arundathi.
Hinduism Today Digital Edition July 2008 Issue Now Available!
The July-August-September edition of Hinduism Today magazine has been released in digital form and is now available for FREE on your desktop.
Enjoy the new “View Multi-Media” option, an easy way to navigate though audio, videos and slide shows from all issues of the Digital Edition. In this issue, we feature a video from sacred ceremonies at Tiruvannamalai, India, so rarely seen by anyone.
A PREVIEW OF CONTENTS: Here are highlights from this issue:
- Our fully-illustrated 16-page Educational Insight take you on a journey into the life and teachings of one of India’s greatest masters, Sri Madhvacharya. His tale is full of philosophical growth, amazing encounters during his youth, magical happenings and deep interpretations of the ancient Dharma. If you ever wanted to understand the pure dual path, and compare it with Sankaran advaita, this is the resource for you.
- So, Which of the Gods is greater, Siva or Vishnu? You’ve heard the arguments. You’ve endured the fables and the foibles of those who argue one side or another. Our publisher, Bodhinatha, gives an unbeatable clear answer.
- When an Indian swami crossed the ocean to visit devotees in the West, he was deeply criticized and certain of his worship rights were curtailed. Follow the adventures of Sri Sugunendra Tirtha Swami and in the bargain explore the history of the amazing monasteries and temples in Udupi.
- In Karnataka one of the foremost swamis of India opens a magnificent temple for Lord Siva. The Kalabhairava Temple is the work of Sri Balagangadharanathaswami, who happens to also be Hinduism Today’s “Hindu of the Year.” Find out why.
- Henry David Thoreau, an American sage? See why we think so.
- Follow a group of modern youth on pilgrimage, see what makes them choose a spiritual path when all of their peers are following something quite different.
- And much more…. stories of social service with a twist, a photographer who can’t shoot enough of Lord Ganesha, warnings about inter-religious marriage, and a look at the dubious wisdom of drugging our children.
Instructions: If you have previously subscribed to the digital edition, you can simply launch the application Hinduism Today Digital you have on your computer and download the latest issue PDF’s. If you have not yet subscribed to the digital edition (note: this a different subscription than the print edition) go to: http://www.hinduismtoday.com/digital/ . Remember, it’s free.