Yesterday the Ekadanta Kulam of one, Saravananathaswami, gave his weekly report:
* processing incoming Master Course Self-Evaluation Study worksheets and discussing progress with students
* new paper mail processing
* recording incoming Satguru Purnima rededications, which includes checking if they request to prepare for diksha, and then communicating about it.
* some planning for November visit to Mauritius and Malaysia
* coordinations for six swamis visiting in July for one day from Sri Adichunchanagiri Mahasamsthana Math
* observing how our parking lot fills up after bringing tour parking reservations back up to 20.
* video skype call with sishya in Mauritius so I could share his screen to identify a specific issue on SSC website that needed fixing.
* Mauritius Kulapati council meeting agenda coordination.
* coordinating couple aspects of next trip stop in Singapore and vishesha diksha in Chidambaram
* updating and reprinting Iraivan Pada Yatra self-guided tour map
* entering new SSC membership and diksha dates in our database, and preparing news article for SSC website.
* follow up communications with members and students to help them take their next steps on the path
* adding news and tweaks to new Saiva Siddhanta Church website .
* communications with people about pilgrimage and entering that info in visitor calendar.
* scanning old paper documents
Jai Ganesa! It is alot to do and God has certainly given Swamiji the finest abilities to accomplish so much and in a timely manner.Jai Satguru Bodhinatha for choosing you Swamiji. Thanks for all the work that is done to help us find our way and be courageous on the path. Thanks infinite. Aum Shanti
Bodhinatha's Latest Upadeshas: "Not Getting Upset, Viewing Reaction from Higher Faculties" (September 14, 2014)
A measure of how serious we are in making spiritual progress is that we've learned the lesson from experience. Develop the ability to watch the mind think, understand the patterns of emotional action and reaction. Have the sense that you are a divine being to root out imperfections. Becoming upset is a temporary suspension of our higher faculties; transmute the energy into the third eye.
Master Course, Living with Siva, Lesson 149;
Master Course, Merging with Siva, Lesson 152;
Yogaswami, Words of our Master
"Eight Features of the Natha Sampradaya" (September 17, 2014)
We have to discover that part of us that is the Self. One of the important benefits of temple worship is it softens the ego. Recognize and love a Being greater than us, building humility. Go to Lord Murugan; His worship strengthens the kundalini. There's a power in learning through listening, shruti, that which is heard. Tradition, sadhana and tapas, informs, inspires, awakens potential.