Public Guided Tours
Approximately once a week, a guided tour begins at 9am in the gazebo at the monastery entrance, 107 Kaholalele Road. It lasts about 90 minutes. The tour is free, however love offerings are welcomed, as donations from visitors are what allows us to continue building Iraivan Temple and beautify this sanctuary. Parking is very limited, therefore reservations are required. Please call toll free 1-888-735-1619 to find out upcoming tour dates and reserve your parking space. Reservations are not required if you arrive by taxi and the taxi does not stay. Highlights of the walking tour include:
- Introduction to the monastery and Hinduism
- The 353-acre spiritual sanctuary with its botanical gardens, waterways and ponds
- Watch the stone craftsmen, silpis, from India carve and assemble the granite Iraivan Temple--a noble icon of Hinduism's beauty and greatness
- The awesome, monolithic, 20,000-pound, 12-foot-tall black granite statue of God Siva as Dakshinamurthi
- Kadavul Hindu Temple with its central sanctum housing an exquisite, 6-foot-tall bronze statue of God Siva as Nataraja, Lord of the Dance. The temple also houses Iraivan Temple's future 700-pound, 39-inch-tall quartz crystal Sivalingam deity.